- Ways to pay
- Document library
- How to make a complaint
- Frequently asked questions
Buy to let mortgage payment holiday extension
Mortgage payment holidays should be taken to support tenants who’re experiencing financial difficulties as a result of COVID-19. As such, we would expect landlords to pass on the benefit of any agreed payment holiday to their tenants.
It’s important to remember that the money is still owed and the interest on the mortgage still accrues during a payment holiday, which will increase the amount you pay over the remaining term of the mortgage.
In line with Government guidance, your credit file will not be affected by this arrangement whilst the payment holiday is in place, however lenders may take into account other information when making lending decisions, including payment information provided by you or bank account information, for example.
The information you provide in this form will be reviewed by a member of our team, and as a result we may be required to contact you to discuss this further.
We’ve put together some important frequently asked questions and answers that you need to be aware of.
For information on how we, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies use your personal data and on your data protection rights please read our Privacy Notice.
Before applying for this payment holiday, please confirm that:
- You and anyone else named on the mortgage are aware that:
- whilst your account is on a payment holiday your outstanding balance will increase and interest will continue to be charged on that amount; and
- we’ve worked on the assumption that if we don’t hear from you to discuss repayment options before payments recommence, that you wish to repay the unpaid amounts over the remaining term of your mortgage.
- we’ll recalculate your payments to ensure the amount unpaid during the payment holiday is repaid within the current term. This means that more interest is paid over the term of the mortgage and your monthly payments will increase at the end of the payment holiday. Alternative options to repay the amount you owe include paying that amount as a lump sum, or with additional monthly payments, over a shorter period of time. Both these options will cost you less over the remaining term of the mortgage.
- You only need this payment holiday as your financial circumstances have been affected due to COVID-19.
- Whilst the status of a mortgage payment holiday is not reported negatively to the Credit Reference Agencies, we don’t know how other lenders may use this information when making future lending decisions.