- Ways to pay
- Document library
- How to make a complaint
- Frequently asked questions
Mortgage Payment Holiday
DO NOT USE THIS FORM IF YOU HAVE ALREADY HAD A COVID-19 PAYMENT HOLIDAY
Need to take a payment holiday?
If you’re able to maintain your regular mortgage payments then you should continue to do so. If you need to take a short break from paying all or part of your mortgage let us know. We can look at your ability to make interest only or reduced payments if you have a Capital and Repayment mortgage. If you have an Interest Only mortgage please get in touch to discuss our other options. You can take up to a three month payment holiday if you’ve been affected by Covid-19. If you’d like to arrange a partial mortgage payment holiday please email your request to [email protected].
How it works
- Fill in the details below - it will only takes a couple of minutes.
- We'll contact you within 5-7 working days to let you know if you can take a payment holiday. A mortgage payment holiday means that you wouldn’t make mortgage payments for up to three months, however these monthly payments will need to be repaid in the future. We'll add these payments onto your mortgage balance unless we hear from you, and as a result, your mortgage balance will increase and your monthly payment will be recalculated so that the increased balance is repaid over the remaining term of your mortgage.
- Your monthly payment and the amount of interest you pay will increase for the remaining term of your mortgage. You can let us know if you’d prefer to discuss alternative options for repaying the unpaid mortgage payments, through our website or by calling 0800 298 5714. Alternative options to repay the amount you owe include paying that amount as a lump sum payment, or with additional monthly payments over a shorter period of time. Both of these options will cost you less than paying over the remaining term of your mortgage.
- We'll let you know your new monthly amount at the end of your payment holiday.
- In line with government guidance, your credit file will not be affected by this arrangement whilst the payment holiday is in place, however, there are other ways lenders can tell whether you’ve taken a mortgage payment holiday, which could impact future lending decisions. Lenders may take into account other information when making lending decision, including information provided by you or bank account information, for example.
- If you’ve already emailed us please be assured that we’ll respond as soon as we can and do not complete this form.
- We’re working through all of the requests we’ve received in order, therefore completing a form as well will not move your application further up the queue.
- Unfortunately we’re unable to make any changes in time for payments due in the next 7 days. If your payment is due in the next 7 days and you’re unable to make your normal monthly payment, please call our Collections Team on 0800 781 8558. You can also email [email protected] to discuss your situation.
About your request
We’ve put together some important frequently asked questions and answers that you need to be aware of.
For information on how we, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies use your personal data and on your data protection rights please read our Privacy Notice.
Before applying for this payment holiday, please confirm that:
You and anyone else named on the mortgage are aware that:
- whilst your account is on a payment holiday your outstanding balance will increase and interest will continue to be charged on that amount; and
- we’ve worked on the assumption that if we don’t hear from you to discuss repayment options before payments recommence, that you wish to repay the unpaid amounts over the remaining term of your mortgage.
- we’ll recalculate your payments to ensure the amount unpaid during the payment holiday is repaid within the current term. This means that more interest is paid over the term of the mortgage and your monthly payments will increase at the end of the payment holiday. Alternative options to repay the amount you owe include paying that amount as a lump sum, or with additional monthly payments, over a shorter period of time. Both these options will cost you less over the remaining term of the mortgage.
- You only need this payment holiday as your income has been affected due to COVID-19.
- You and anyone else named on the mortgage are aware that you will need to review any insurance policies which are calculated on the balance of your mortgage.